• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron's son dies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Seems like I've accidentally stumbled into the "I'm emotional and lost all sense of perspective" thread.
    I'm afraid that, while I have every sympathy with the family, I find it impossible to grieve for someone I don't know.
    Maybe that makes me heartless, but I doubt it.
    Exactly. I don't see why it deserves a thread that someone died just because he's related to someone famous. I'm sure there were a hundred more tragic deaths in England alone the same day... children beaten to death by parents, women raped and killed, children left parent-less when mum & dad killed in a car accident by a drunk driver.

The one guy here who actually knows the family, well that is different... nobody is saying it's not sad news... but what about everybody else. What are they posting FOR? Do they think Cameron reads CUK? Sorry, it just seems a pointless expression... better to write him a letter of sympathy if you actually care. I'm sure he'd appreciate that far more.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Exactly. I don't see why it deserves a thread that someone died just because he's related to someone famous. I'm sure there were a hundred more tragic deaths in England alone the same day... children beaten to death by parents, women raped and killed, children left parent-less when mum & dad killed in a car accident by a drunk driver.

The one guy here who actually knows the family, well that is different... nobody is saying it's not sad news... but what about everybody else. What are they posting FOR? Do they think Cameron reads CUK? Sorry, it just seems a pointless expression... better to write him a letter of sympathy if you actually care. I'm sure he'd appreciate that far more.
      WHS + was there a thread when Gordon Browns 10 day old baby died in 2002. Of course not. If there had been and he had read it IR35 would have been repealed.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Seems like I've accidentally stumbled into the "I'm emotional and lost all sense of perspective" thread.
        I'm afraid that, while I have every sympathy with the family, I find it impossible to grieve for someone I don't know.
        Maybe that makes me heartless, but I doubt it.
        Perhaps not, but stories like this do provide a useful reality check sometimes.

I'll be making a deliberate effort to do more things than I normally would with my offspring, and less time worrying about the bench situation, this weekend. Anyone else?
        Last edited by moorfield; 25 February 2009, 22:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
          WHS + was there a thread when Gordon Browns 10 day old baby died in 2002. Of course not. If there had been and he had read it IR35 would have been repealed.
          Don't be such a twat! Of course there was a thread and no-one made the kind of crass bollocks sh!te comments that are being posted now.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Don't be such a twat! Of course there was a thread and no-one made the kind of crass bollocks sh!te comments that are being posted now.
            linky please

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
              Perhaps not, but stories like this do provide a useful reality check sometimes.

I'll be making a deliberate effort to do more things than I normally would with my offspring, and less time worrying about the bench situation, this weekend. Anyone else?
              Well said.

I know a couple of guys in New York who were late into work on 11th September 2001, simply because they took their kids to school on the first day of the new semester...had they not done so they would probably be dead now.

They both took the message (and that is putting it very mildly), quit their jobs, stopped chasing the mighty dollar and started spending more time with their families. Both are different people now.

Time we don't spend with our kids is time we'll never have again. I try to keep that at the front of my bonce, but it's hard sometimes. Days like today make it a little easier to remember.
              Last edited by PM-Junkie; 25 February 2009, 22:43.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                I know a couple of guys in New York who were late into work on 9th September 2001, .
                A whole two days late?
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

.....it's late, been a long day and I am trying to do about 4 things at once.

Oh, and of course I am an idiot - which doesn't help
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

linky please
                    I think you will find that as the date was 2002 the archives are no longer available from the old forum.

However, being an old hat I do remember the post about "Jennifer Jane".

Choose to believe or disbelieve, it's no skin off my nose.

Comment

linky please
                      Idiot. Cease this trivial bunkum.

Comment

Working...
                      X