• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When will the Doom be over?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Manchester was bad enoughh when Rangers visited
    You love it
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      You love it
      He does, you know... I think he just likes to pretend he doesn't
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

So much stimulus is being pumped into the system that it will work sooner rather later (in about a year I reckon) - then we will have galloping inflation to worry about.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          then we will have galloping inflation to worry about.
          Well that'll at least take care of the mortgage. Glad my interest rate's fixed for 20 years.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            So much stimulus is being pumped into the system that it will work sooner rather later (in about a year I reckon) - then we will have galloping inflation to worry about.
            yup - prepare for Zimbabwe economics. Have fun.
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

We're still really in the 20th century.

If you think about it, the 18th century lasted until the Battle of Waterloo in 1815, when the Napoleonic wars ended. Then the 19th century ended at the outbreak of WW1 in 1914.

So by my reckoning, the 20th century will end in a big punch up in around 2015.

But whether that will end the doom, or be just another pause on the way down is debatable. Guess it depends on how many people die, to put it bluntly, as this is ultimately about resources.

(Russia is already in really bad shape, and getting worse. A couple of sailors starved to death recently at the Pacific Fleet HQ in Vladivostok and several more have died of hyperthermia because they can't afford heating in the barracks! The military there are getting pretty fed up. And I shouldn't think China is much better.)
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Like I said. No upturn until 2015 at the earliest and that's being very optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  We're still really in the 20th century.

If you think about it, the 18th century lasted until the Battle of Waterloo in 1815, when the Napoleonic wars ended. Then the 19th century ended at the outbreak of WW1 in 1914.

So by my reckoning, the 20th century will end in a big punch up in around 2015.

But whether that will end the doom, or be just another pause on the way down is debatable. Guess it depends on how many people die, to put it bluntly, as this is ultimately about resources.

(Russia is already in really bad shape, and getting worse. A couple of sailors starved to death recently at the Pacific Fleet HQ in Vladivostok and several more have died of hyperthermia because they can't afford heating in the barracks! The military there are getting pretty fed up. And I shouldn't think China is much better.)
                  Thanks for that really optimistic vision of the future.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You know what...putting another spin on things...if we're ALL totally and completely doomed....does it matter?

I mean, if suddenly ALL of us loose our jobs....if we ALL loose our nice cars, and we ALL run out of money....what happens?

We can't ALL live on the streets can we? Surely we'll all just live simpler lives?

What actually happens if the world collapses? Outright anarchy or just back to basics?

Maybe we should be investing in creating our own water supply, and veg patches, and chickens etc?
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                      You know what...putting another spin on things...if we're ALL totally and completely doomed....does it matter?

I mean, if suddenly ALL of us loose our jobs....if we ALL loose our nice cars, and we ALL run out of money....what happens?

We can't ALL live on the streets can we? Surely we'll all just live simpler lives?

What actually happens if the world collapses? Outright anarchy or just back to basics?

Maybe we should be investing in creating our own water supply, and veg patches, and chickens etc?
                      Maybe we'd all learn to spell. Looser.

Comment

Working...
                      X