• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

recession looming ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Germany, wouldn't mind a stint there

I don't speak German tho'
    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

That's OK, they all speak really good English. Well, the ones worth talking too.

Just remember: don't mention the war.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

yes but I doubt they'd give you a job there if you don't speak German.
        Might work in Denmark, but I think Germans have a higher opinion of the importance of their language than Danes have of theirs.
        Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
          yes but I doubt they'd give you a job there if you don't speak German.
          Might work in Denmark, but I think Germans have a higher opinion of the importance of their language than Danes have of theirs.
          I have worked in Germany for 7 years without being able to speak the lingo, though it does improve year on year.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Becs dear the Scandinavians are absolutely the worst in the world for that kind of nonsense. If you can't speak the local lingo, and with the right accent, they claim ignorance.

One of my co-workers is Icelandic and it is a joy to listen to: speaks Faroese to them from the Faroe Islands, Swedish to Swedes, Norwegian to them. They can all absolutely understand each other, it's a bit like London and Yorkshire and Scots accents, but unless it's part of the job description, i.e. in the contract, they won't.

It's the sort of mentality that creates openings for people like me who aren't constrained by such pettiness.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
            X