• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grand designs - Kent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by London75 View Post
    You did call me a nutter though

I am passionate about bringing up my children to the best of my ability and despise the selfishness of many parents. There was a report recently condemning the trend for British parents to put their own needs before their children's and I have to agree that while in the minority of parents, it's a growing trend.

Just winds me up.
    You have 106 posts and you have not learnt yet that general is inhabited mostly by trolls?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      One of the best I've seen, I'd like to see a breakdown of how he came to the -£1800 heating/electricity bill though?
      So would I.

He said that he generated excess "heat" that he could sell. Who the hell to?

to the OP. The house had solar panels. Presumably they generared extra electricity, but 1800 pounds of it still seems an awful lot.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by London75 View Post
        You did call me a nutter though

I am passionate about bringing up my children to the best of my ability and despise the selfishness of many parents. There was a report recently condemning the trend for British parents to put their own needs before their children's and I have to agree that while in the minority of parents, it's a growing trend.

Just winds me up.
        Best not watch SuperNanny then!

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
          So would I.

He said that he generated excess "heat" that he could sell. Who the hell to?

to the OP. The house had solar panels. Presumably they generared extra electricity, but 1800 pounds of it still seems an awful lot.

tim
          Did they have wind turbines & PV panels too? If the house was super-insulated and had lots of low-voltage fittings, they could certainly have generated a surplus. Wind at night generating power which isn't being drawn off / solar during the day when they're out, etc.

They must have spent a few quid overspeccing the tech to be satisfying all their needs and clearing £150 per month on average though.

I look forward to watching it later.

Comment

Working...
          X