• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobs Galore - for Glasgow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    If you can't handle the accents of your own country, it's hardly the fault of companies that do have UK call centres.
    I guess they’ll be training or selecting people on how easily they’re understood. I’m serious; some accents are often hard to understand. Glasgow and Newcastle come to mind.

Anyway, I can understand Bob Shawadiwadi’s accent because I used to work in Birmingham.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Is this really any use to customers? Personally I find a Glasgow accent even harder to understand than Bob Shawadiwadi's Bangalore drawl.
      Try phoning Bangalore with a Glasgow accent. I can take 15 minutes to get the post code over.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        There are whole layers of middle manager types across the UK who are given a budget and incentivised to not exceed it, i.e. they are urged to control costs, use outsourcing etc. They do this for a couple years, hit their cost-related targets, pocket their bonus and move on. Rinse and repeat elsewhere.
        Western Europe

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Try phoning Bangalore with a Glasgow accent. I can take 15 minutes to get the post code over.
          Brummies could work as interpreters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Brummies could work as interpreters.

Depends what you class as a Brummie, hopefully not someone from the Black Country Yam tecking the Mick Mich?
            Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Working...
            X