• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

13% of workers in UK are Non-UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    @Cyber - weren't you banging on about getting a job paying 45000 Euros the other day, and gabbling on about how you were able to claim benefits whilst living in Germany?

This thread is about non-EU workers.... approx 2.6 million of them working in the UK at this moment.
    If I can get a job in Germany, all well and good, but that is not an option for most British workers. We have 65,000 workers in Germany incidentally, and only 11,000 in Italy.

Comment

But the subject was: "13% of workers in UK are Non-UK"
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        This thread is about non-EU workers....
        So why did you trouble to mention EU workers in your OP?

four times as many people work in the UK from EU countries than we have working in the EU from the UK.
        BTW four times as many ... as ...

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          So why did you trouble to mention EU workers in your OP?

BTW four time as many ... as ...

That was the headline Migrationwatch figure, but my main point is about non-EU workers which we are allowed to control but clearly fail to do, and makes up two-thirds of the 3.8 million.
          EU workers are outside of UK control, although we have four times as many in the country than we export of our own labour to the EU... that also seems a tad unfair, but there is nothing we can do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
            But the subject was: "13% of workers in UK are Non-UK"

That was to give a like for like comparison, as it was 7.5% in 1997. So almost double what it was thanks to HMG.

Comment

Yeah, that foreign doctor what saved my kids life, he can feck off.

And the taxi can drive itself.

And we can get a Frenchy to cook my curry/kebab/chow mein.

And serve me and clean the floor in Waitrose.

Do we have any non-EU idiots we can replace you with?

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                Do we have any non-EU idiots we can replace you with?
                Or maybe there's a couple of service packs that need applying to him to fix his logic circuits and stop his bulltulip circuits from overriding his system?
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  That was the headline Migrationwatch figure, but my main point is about non-EU workers which we are allowed to control but clearly fail to do, and makes up two-thirds of the 3.8 million.
                  EU workers are outside of UK control, although we have four times as many in the country than we export of our own labour to the EU... that also seems a tad unfair, but there is nothing we can do about it.
                  As usual, you are a little late cyberman.

It makes no sense to come from EU to England. The pound is so rubbish that everywhere else in Europe you get higher salaries. Even Italy, Spain and Portugal are now more appealing than Britain because in comparison you almost earn more if you view it from the point of view of a foreign currency. You should rather worry about people staying in your country,both foreigners and no-foreigners, before the exodus will bring your country economy to a total collapse.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Probably just premier league footballers...

If you don't like it
                    'elf and safety guru

Comment

I’ve never seen a non EU worker doing a job that I would want to do myself, doctors don’t count as I’m too old for med school.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X