• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Piss Take Role Of the Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piss Take Role Of the Day

Dear Sockpuppet,

Immediate Requirement:

Data Analyst:
    Key Skills -
    Data Analysis & Extraction
    Report Writing
    Data Processing
    Data Manipulation

You will be working within the Risk department - establishing faults and solving them. You are required to have experience with Microsoft Access & Excel.

Excellent Contract Length - 6 months
    Start: ASAP
    Rate: £100 per day

This is an excellent opportunity as you will be Security Cleared for this role. Please apply with an updated CV or contact me for more information.

Regards

Some Progresive Numpty

Progressive UK ICT
    Email [email protected]
    I'm already SC and the rate is a multiple of times below what I'd consider and I don't work in defence and I'm not a data analyst.

Fooking keyword searches.

I once got emailed about a contract as a welder! I assume cos I did mechanical engineering at uni years ago

Comment

establishing faults
      I reckon I could do that bit well enough.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
        I once got emailed about a contract as a welder! I assume cos I did mechanical engineering at uni years ago
        I'd like to know how to put any mention of any acquaintance with SQL in your CV, without getting calls for an SQL DBA (i.e. a Microsoft "SQL Server" DBA).

I even say in bold in my CV, "I am not a DBA". Maybe that's the problem: keyword hit. Maybe if I put in "I don't want any ****ing stupid contracts" then I'd get paid for ****ing?

Comment

I saw a job 2 days ago on Jobserve for £50 a day doing project support. Do they seriously expect to get anyone capable for that kind of reward??
          The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

£50 a day doing project support. Do they seriously expect to get anyone capable for that kind of reward??
            Well, the option for some is either £50/day or £60 /week Job Seeker's Allowance.

I am also informed that in some places like India, there is no such thing as "Job Seekers Allowance".

You do the math.

The Boom's over. Has been for years.

The next Boom will be either be WW3 or Nano-Bio Tech.

So start shaping up whilst getting the old chemistry books out.
            Last edited by Board Game Geek; 18 February 2009, 01:14.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
              I saw a job 2 days ago on Jobserve for £50 a day doing project support. Do they seriously expect to get anyone capable for that kind of reward??

I used to get loads of calls for roles at Astra Zeneca for things that I used to do at GSK but at 2/3rds of the rate. For some reason AZ seem to thing that I was a contractor should take a hit on my rate simply so that I could work for them. It's like saying 'yes I'd gladly pay £100 per days to have the pleasure of working at AZ'
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
              X