• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 agents, 1 role, £150 difference.. what to do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    I always take the position that I apply through agency 1 then if an agency 2 turns up I ask them to check if the end client has seen my CV and if they come back with a no, I go from there...
    Good strategy.

Comment

I rang to discuss the situation, basically the client had given no indication of the rate to the agency. As it happens they put 12 CVs forward and client has taken an interest in only 2 of them. The good news is I'm one of them!*

Happy with rate, happy with result.. just gotta nail the interview now.

*information obtained from Agency cannot be guaranteed or trusted and should always be treated with caution.
      The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
        Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
          I rang to discuss the situation, basically the client had given no indication of the rate to the agency. As it happens they put 12 CVs forward and client has taken an interest in only 2 of them. The good news is I'm one of them!*

*information obtained from Agency cannot be guaranteed or trusted and should always be treated with caution.
          Is that with agent A or agent B?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Is that with agent A or agent B?
            Agent A.. with original agreed rate. I was happy with the conversation regarding how they came to the rate, and my mind was settled upon the news that I had been selected by the client for a meeting.

Got another call almost straight after and potentially another interview lined up for another gig (more money, but shorter term and further to travel) so has been a successful day on the job hunt side.
            The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Working...
            X