• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Bank of England "prints" money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    So long as they cut public spending as well otherwise they would have to issue debt. If they didn't do that then they might find that they only people left to borrow from would be the Bank of England and they get their money by ......

They should have cut public spending years ago. That's one reason we are in such a mess. Still better to issue debt than increase the money supply and cause hyper-inflation.

Comment

I just agreed a new contract at 20% higher than anything else I have right now, in $USD, so as far as I'm concerned... DIVE, POUND, DIVE!!!

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        They should have cut public spending years ago. That's one reason we are in such a mess. Still better to issue debt than increase the money supply and cause hyper-inflation
        Mmmmmmmmm, Errrrrr. No.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          Mmmmmmmmm, Errrrrr. No.

Yes, and the reason is that debt has to be borrowed with interest, and that is a deterrent to more and more debt. Once you start creating money you are heading down a very dangerous road like Zimbabwe, but this HMG obviously do not care about future consequences, only short-term votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            Yes, and the reason is that debt has to be borrowed with interest, and that is a deterrent to more and more debt. Once you start creating money you are heading down a very dangerous road like Zimbabwe, but this HMG obviously do not care about future consequences, only short-term votes.
            Some Zimbabweans are doing just fine

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5734148.ece

Comment

paid in EUR's

i'll just sit back with my weissbeir and watch the pound fall down down down

The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I just agreed a new contract at 20% higher than anything else I have right now, in $USD, so as far as I'm concerned... DIVE, POUND, DIVE!!!

Originally posted by chef View Post
                paid in EUR's

i'll just sit back with my weissbeir and watch the pound fall down down down

keep up the exports!
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
                X