• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain faces £100bn cut in spending according to 'Bankrupt Britain' report

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
    Sorry, I meant wasn't aimed exclusively at you :-(

tim
    Personally I would :-
    1. slash government spending
    2. disallow mortgages over more than 60% of value of property.
    3. disallow mortgages of more than 3 times single income : nothing self certified
    4. disallow mortgage allowance against BTL
    5. Tax BTL income at 50%
    6. encourage people to live within their means : discourage loans/credit cards
    7. bring back cane in secondary schools.
    8. ASBO type offences of under 21 to be punishable by birch
    9. unemployed to made to earn their benefit : clearing up litter etcetc

Actually I probably wouldn't do the last 3......

BP

Comment

Originally posted by dinker View Post
      31% of the population are muslims/asylum seekers/council house residents/on benefits.
      That explains the 25%, where does the other 6% come into it?
      Last edited by pmeswani; 15 February 2009, 18:21. Reason: rephrased the question
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
        That explains the 25%, where does the other 6% come into it?
        I'll repeat what I said earlier:
        Gordon Brown's approval rating has slumped 22 points since November, with only 31% of people thinking he has done a good job as prime minister.
        How can anyone, with half a brain, possibly think that Gordon Brown has been anything other than a disaster as Prime Minister?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          How is the UK economy expected to recover if 31% of the adult population are imbeciles?
          31% is a pretty good imbecile ratio; perhaps Labour's education policies have actually worked too well and the latest generation of voters are too well educated to fall for their rhetoric.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            31% is a pretty good imbecile ratio; perhaps Labour's education policies have actually worked too well and the latest generation of voters are too well educated to fall for their rhetoric.
            I am more of the opinion that their education policy is to dumb down Britain so that people fall for the propaganda and spin?
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
              I can't work out whether that comment is serious or ironic.

(on that basis that I agree the first half is quite likey to happen, but I can't see the slightest reason why its a vote winner).

tim

Do you remember 1997 and the windfall taxes on the fat-cats. Fast-wind to 2009 and we have fat-cat bankers who are ridiculed every day in the media and were also ridiculed last week during their questioning by the parliamentary commission. I firmly believe that HMG with the collusion of the BBC/Peston are orchestrating a campaign to nationalise the banks and win votes.
              Bankers are now the most hated workers in the country and that is what HMG have been aiming to achieve. It will be a vote-winner IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by dinker View Post
                31% of the population are muslims/asylum seekers/council house residents/on benefits.

You forgot the public sector workers who now have 2 out of every 5 jobs.

Comment

Working...
                X