• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    WTF is a 'pre-interview pack?'

The closest I ever came to anything like what I think it is, is when I was a school leaver and applying to aompanies and they would send you some bumpf about themselves. Wouldn't expect that for a seasoned pro...
    No word of a lie but there were over 10 attachments with the confirmation email.

Anything from bringing proof of identity, to requesting I bring certificates, employment contracts, wage slips, a list of topics the interview must cover and the format, the job spec, maps and directions to get there, security forms, references, blah blah blah..

What was even more annoying was I packed a small briefcase full of this sh*t and they didn't even ask to see any of it (which indicates to me I wasn't successful perhaps).
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Ive had a Pre Interview Pack at the current role I am on - I also had 2 interviews as well...but its a contract..some companies are just doing odd things right now

Comment

Was this Accenture or Avanade?

Comment

Sounds like a permie interveiw i had at the council a while back, 3 people in a tiny office and was for a technical role. They started with all the technical questions, no probs, then they started asking me loads about project management, which was not advertised or included in my CV and i know very little about, and I basicaly fell apart from there.

Normally i'm good at interveiws, in that if i get an interveiw i get the job, but this time i was very nervous, possibly because i hated my then current job and wanted to get out! I was sweating, stammering, all sorts of tulip, was horrible! Normally I'd just sit there and wax lyrical about how great I am, and how i manage to turn my weaknesses into advantages; much like the jesus of IT.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
            Was this Accenture or Avanade?
            Nope neither of those. I'd rather not say if that's ok, just the world isn't as big a place I once thought etc.. big company though turning over billions.

Comment

of course not!

I sounded like an agent asking there

my next guess would be MS or Google though!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                of course not!

I sounded like an agent asking there

my next guess would be MS or Google though!
                I think if I keep saying yes OR no eventually word would be out on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
                  Sounds like they think a lot of themselves, you're probably better off not working there.
                  Don't agree. An up-themselves company will spend the whole time telling you how great they are, not let you do most of the talking.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by chris79 View Post
                    I should really know the answer to this but I don't, but what are the implications of this exactly?
                    I have learned a lot this week.

Baaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyysickly, if you do not insist on "opting out" of the Emplyment Agency Act before you are put forward, you are opted in. Its up to you as to whether you want to opt in or out, but I prefer out as I like to steer as far away from IR35 as possible.

Opting in means you get protection, and if the agency does not get paid they still have to pay you. Also they can slap on handcuff clauses and get a sum for you if you go perm with ClientCo in the end.

If you opt out, you have no protection and are liable for your own work etc etc. Opting out is only a "minor" indication of being IR35 out, but it all helps.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Dont worry we all have tulip interviews. I remember a couple of times I've had a crap interview, whereby I wasnt really up to it. Got offered the job both times and turned it down.

Sometimes you just dont know. But least the good thing is you know what does and what doesnt work for you.

Learning experience.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X