• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can't pimps read CVs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robbie274 View Post
    Not at all, as I am one of the Java devs. If you get calls about Java roles, pass'em on to me please
    yeah good point I'll do that next time!
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
      No one reads much past this point.
      And the top half is PM PM PM as well - and I didn't put the technology at the top 'cos its not the most important thing!

In fact my earlier CVs didn't even mention the technology as I didn't think it was important, thing is pimps complained that I had no keywords in my CV!

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        About halfway down the first page of my CV - below the bits about my PM skills etc I have written that I have lead projects / developments using Oracle and Java.

The rest of the CV is all PM PM PM.

So why do pimps call me up for Java/Oracle developer roles?

Are they short of candidates?

(vent over - thanks!)
        I'm more concerned with why you felt the need to write this post in Comic Sans MS!?

Why?

Why did you do this?
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
          I'm more concerned with why you felt the need to write this post in Comic Sans MS!?

Why?

Why did you do this?
          Must have been for comedic effect.
          I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

Why?

Why did you do this?
            dunno I felt like a change!

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
              dunno I felt like a change!
              What font was your CV in?
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Why?

Why did you do this?
                I bet he has calvin and hobbes mouse pointers installed to match his tie...
                Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

What font was your CV in?
                  Arial - That's getting a bit personal now isn't it, you'll soon know more about me than the OH!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                    I bet he has calvin and hobbes mouse pointers installed to match his tie...
                    Luckily I don't have to wear a tie as for mouse pointers I can't be bothered with all that rubbish.

Goodness me I felt like changing the font once - and it has attracted so much attention? Is it lunchtime or something - oh yes it is - I'm one hour ahead in CET!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      Have we got wingdings?

Frig.

No.

Ho hum.
                      And how many of us looked?

Comment

Working...
                      X