• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories caught red handed editing Wikipedia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    The real point surely is not academic disagreements on Titian's age, but the fact that Central Office put a cheap and dishonest stunt before a reference work that is a public good.

I do NOT want to be ruled by people like that.
    You already are.

But I agree. If Cameron was correct, the facts will come out whatever wiki says.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      You already are.

But I agree. If Cameron was correct, the facts will come out whatever wiki says.
      Even if Cameron was correct and wikipedia was wrong, that doe not change the point that they altered it not in search of truth, but in search of a cheap political point, that being more important to them.

Comment

Even if Cameron was correct and wikipedia was wrong, that doe not change the point that they altered it not in search of truth, but in search of a cheap political point, that being more important to them.
        Yes, I'm agreeing with you.

Comment

When will people stop quoting Wikipedia as fact?

Here's another good entry on corronation street actors, who'd have thought

Gregson, once on a night out with the actors who play Bill Webster, Kev Webster, Ashley Peacock, Eddie Windass and Dev Allahan reportedly took 11 blondes back to his hotel room. Unfortunately, according to Jimmi Harkishin, who plays Dev, Gregson suffered from an unfortunate bout of impotence. Gregson denies this strongly but the general consensus is that the girls ended up with Ian Reddington and William Roache (Vernon and Ken respectively)

Wikipedia = somewhere between an encyclopedia and news of the world
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

The real point surely is not academic disagreements on Titian's age, but the fact that Central Office put a cheap and dishonest stunt before a reference work that is a public good.

I do NOT want to be ruled by people like that.
            How do you know the guy wasn't just correcting the wrong entry? What's cheap and dishonest about amending an error.
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

And that differs from nulabour how, exactly?

They are all as bad as each other. Both the US and the UK need to boot out every politician, every senior civil servant, and start again.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                How do you know the guy wasn't just correcting the wrong entry? What's cheap and dishonest about amending an error.
                I have a lovely bridge I'd like to sell you .....

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                  And that differs from nulabour how, exactly
                  Not at all, as far as I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Yes, I'm agreeing with you.
                    Oh ta. I know that happens sometimes and it usually throws me

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                      ....... a lot in common with CUK, drivel posted by chimps.

Comment

Working...
                      X