• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tories caught red handed editing Wikipedia"

Collapse

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by expat View Post
    I have a lovely bridge I'd like to sell you .....
    Excellent, will you take my holdings in some lovely new build city centre flats in Manchester as collateral for it?

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    ....... a lot in common with CUK, drivel posted by chimps.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Yes, I'm agreeing with you.
    Oh ta. I know that happens sometimes and it usually throws me

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    And that differs from nulabour how, exactly
    Not at all, as far as I can see.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    How do you know the guy wasn't just correcting the wrong entry? What's cheap and dishonest about amending an error.
    I have a lovely bridge I'd like to sell you .....

Leave a comment:

• PM-Junkie
    replied
    Even if Cameron was correct and wikipedia was wrong, that doe not change the point that they altered it not in search of truth, but in search of a cheap political point, that being more important to them.
    And that differs from nulabour how, exactly?

They are all as bad as each other. Both the US and the UK need to boot out every politician, every senior civil servant, and start again.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    The real point surely is not academic disagreements on Titian's age, but the fact that Central Office put a cheap and dishonest stunt before a reference work that is a public good.

I do NOT want to be ruled by people like that.
    How do you know the guy wasn't just correcting the wrong entry? What's cheap and dishonest about amending an error.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    When will people stop quoting Wikipedia as fact?

Here's another good entry on corronation street actors, who'd have thought

Gregson, once on a night out with the actors who play Bill Webster, Kev Webster, Ashley Peacock, Eddie Windass and Dev Allahan reportedly took 11 blondes back to his hotel room. Unfortunately, according to Jimmi Harkishin, who plays Dev, Gregson suffered from an unfortunate bout of impotence. Gregson denies this strongly but the general consensus is that the girls ended up with Ian Reddington and William Roache (Vernon and Ken respectively)

Wikipedia = somewhere between an encyclopedia and news of the world

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Even if Cameron was correct and wikipedia was wrong, that doe not change the point that they altered it not in search of truth, but in search of a cheap political point, that being more important to them.
    Yes, I'm agreeing with you.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    You already are.

But I agree. If Cameron was correct, the facts will come out whatever wiki says.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    The real point surely is not academic disagreements on Titian's age, but the fact that Central Office put a cheap and dishonest stunt before a reference work that is a public good.

You already are.

But I agree. If Cameron was correct, the facts will come out whatever wiki says.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Actually it was on Channel 4 news last night that the National Gallery agreed with Cameron that Titian was 86 when he died (as does the Louvre). Just shows that you really shouldn't take Wiki as gospel as it's got a lot in common with CUK, drivel posted by chimps.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    That's very good as well.

So the tories have learned something from new labour - how to do cheap tricks. Now they need to learn how not to get caught. Idiots.
    Actually it was on Channel 4 news last night that the National Gallery agreed with Cameron that Titian was 86 when he died (as does the Louvre). Just shows that you really shouldn't take Wiki as gospel as it's got a lot in common with CUK, drivel posted by chimps.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by crimdon View Post
    The story was exposed in the Evening Standard after someone noticed that the IP address used to change the entry 194.203.158.97 was that of Conservative Central office in London.

Once the IP address was exposed the Conservatives admitted that it had been a party worker.

A spokesman said last night: "This was an over-eager, highly skilled IT member of staff on work experience, called AndyW, putting right an incorrect entry on Wikipedia... they cannot understand what all the fuss is about."

The mystery remains over why the Tory party hack changed Titian's age to 82 instead of the 86 figure that Cameron used. Rumours that he did not have enough fingers and thumbs to help with the arithmetic are unfounded.

Downing Street has offered no further comment on the matter. At the time of going to press, AndyW could not be contacted as it had gone 16:30 and his mum was back from work so he had to log off the computer.
    Amended.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    The best they could come up with was accusing GB of not knowing exactly how old that guy was? Wouldn't a better response have been:
    "We also see similarities, the PM may well have learned how to run the country by the time he is 90"
    That's very good as well.

So the tories have learned something from new labour - how to do cheap tricks. Now they need to learn how not to get caught. Idiots.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X