• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for the Experts: Free Website Based Password Store

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    jayzuz,

you lot

flip's sake

look lads,

we got a zillion systems here and they all have admin passwords and all kind of services users and passwords and hosts and passwords and ftp passwords

you get the picture

we got a zillion .net systems to administer and consequently 5 zillion passwords which...

we need to store centrally so that everybody in the admin team and in particular the offshores can find any password they need, and if they change the password they can update it in the password storage

the password storage should be a web based tool which can run on MS IIS

ist das kla ?

Milan.
    Do we really need to spell it out for you? I gave you a search result for where you can find a product that suits your needs, do some frigging research.

However, as you are too lazy to do so, have a look at http://w3pw.sourceforge.net/. I have no idea if it works with IIS, but as long as IIS supports PHP4, which I believe it does, and as long as you have the capability to install MySQL (Which is a free Database server, if you didn't know), you should be ok.

I don't know if it works, and unless you are prepared to pay me, I don't really care.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
      Why not just set all the passwords to "password" ? That will save you a lot of bother.

HTH.
      That would not be very secure.

Better to change the password every day and set it to the day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        That would not be very secure.

Better to change the password every day and set it to the day of the week.
        Don't forget the week number as well. So Monday1 would be for the first Monday of the month.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Milan, the fact that your company has gazzilions of different logins and these are shared, says something about the structure of your clients enterprise.

Lookup Enterprise Single Sign On.

Basically one person should have one login to access all applications that they are authorised to have access to and should only need to authenticate once.

One person shouldn't have 100 logins and 100 passwords.

Comment

Milan, the fact that your company has gazzilions of different logins and these are shared, says something about the structure of your clients enterprise.

Lookup Enterprise Single Sign On.

Basically one person should have one login to access all applications that they are authorised to have access to and should only need to authenticate once.

One person shouldn't have 100 logins and 100 passwords.

Indeed. Milan would you like to buy Oracle Access Manager? It's not free though.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              Indeed. Milan would you like to buy Oracle Access Manager? It's not free though.
              Has there ever been anything ever "free" from Oracle?

I'm surprised you don't have to pay to visit their website.

Comment

Excel

HTH (well it will for the first 65K records)

Comment

Since when was anything worth having free?

Actually Oracle does provide a load of free developer tools for e.g.

Comment

Don't give them ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                      Since when was anything worth having free?

Actually Oracle does provide a load of free developer tools for e.g.
                      I once had a free blowjob. It was worth having.

Comment

Working...
                      X