• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Morality of benefits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I'm a contractor and my moral framework is superior to yours.
    You are probably correct.
    I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt, not that fancy store-bought dirt... I can't compete with that stuff.

Comment

I think its ok as long as you have been paying up under IR35....
      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Never feel guilty taking anything that they will let you have. For they will go out of their way to take whatever they can from you the rest of the time.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          What's the morality of claiming contributions JSA if you're a co. director and legally entitled to it? ( Apologies for the "your" in the poll question )

Nothing, but that wasn't the original post.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I'm struggling to understand the myopic fcukwits on this forum that seem to think that claiming something that you are positively entitled to is wrong ...

If you work away from home would you not claim 40p / 25p per mile for car travel?
            Do you use your personal tax allowance? or do you say no please take the lot...

So what is the difference between taking expenses and taking money that has been set out in a framework that has pre set qualifying requirements?

I have seen two bankruptcies in my life one was a proud man who was a councillor and business owner. He lost his home, business and self respect... He died a broken man.
            The other guy ripped the system for every penny he could have. He was the only guy I ever met with a porsche TV. (He got to keep his house as well.)

I'm about to come to the end of my war chest so I took the test this afternoon and it would seem I am entitled to about £300 a week plus help with my house and council tax. I don't need to shut my company and I'm doing nothing wrong in the eyes of the chap from DWP that spent an hour deciding which benefits I got to claim. But think about this. If I did not get the help then I would lose the house and get made bankrupt. That would give me some real issues when it came to getting another job, and I'd probably end up long term unemployed in rented housing paid for by you...

The one thing I have learned today is that the last thing you want to be doing in the good times is saving for a rainy day...

before you start moaning about free loading off the state I will be paying 16k in corp tax next month...

Comment

Working...
            X