• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you tired of CUK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest CUK is a way of passing time on boring gigs, atm I'm not on a gig so I get to spend loads of time with my family - CUK doesn't compete and rarely gets a look in.

I feel like I somehow missed something though - what's happened then?
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      To be honest CUK is a way of passing time on boring gigs, atm I'm not on a gig so I get to spend loads of time with my family - CUK doesn't compete and rarely gets a look in.

I feel like I somehow missed something though - what's happened then?
      You missed e talking about my divorce.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
        1) "my interest in this forum is dwindling to the size of AtW's cojones"
        You sure about that? I reckon AtW could make buster gonad look like a Castrati.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          You missed e talking about my divorce.

HTH
          No, think I saw that episode a few times

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            No, think I saw that episode a few times
            I talked about it alot more when you weren't here! You were better off with your family......

Comment

I go onto CUK while I'm away from home in B&Bs.

It's either that or working my way through a bottle of wine on me own watching telly.

I can't do that every night....
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

Too many sockpuppets (not directed at you though Sockpuppet!)

And I dont actually trust that many people are even contractors any more.

As much as Dimprawn and Eternal Optimist might make me chuckle occasionally, I prefer people who are actually themselves and talk freely and openly about stuff. Not just one liners. I prefer people who are utter nobbas...but at least they are themselves.

Thats because anyone not agreeing with the bullies of TPD gets attacked mercilessly until they go away. If you dont agree.. just wait and see they always hunt as a pack with anyone who slightly disagrees with one of thier own... instead of a good old 1v1 debate.. you get a full on '1 vs lots' biatch fight. Cliques like that are always bad for a forum. You want to see when the forum started getting annoying.... look at the growth of TPD.

I have been told by the powers that be that I should leave CUK as I am being to mean to the TPD crowd and they probably cried and complained, so I think I will take that advice.... well at least for awhile.

Comment

IMHO contractors as a whole take themselves waaaay too seriously. We are computer geeks, we write code that has a shelf-life of (at most) about 5 years, or we keep computers and networks running.

Hardly a world-saving, life-affirming career choice.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                    Thats because anyone not agreeing with the bullies of TPD gets attacked mercilessly until they go away. If you dont agree.. just wait and see they always hunt as a pack with anyone who slightly disagrees with one of thier own... instead of a good old 1v1 debate.. you get a full on '1 vs lots' biatch fight. Cliques like that are always bad for a forum. You want to see when the forum started getting annoying.... look at the growth of TPD.

I have been told by the powers that be that I should leave CUK as I am being to mean to the TPD crowd and they probably cried and complained, so I think I will take that advice.... well at least for awhile.
                    Pr1ck
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post

Plenty of people on here I have disagreements with, quite vehement ones sometimes. But I'll humour them and look forward to sparring with.

You on the other hand are a troll. A low quality, not very bright troll. And quite a needy one at that.

You're on the other side of the world, yet still feel the urge to post on a board of a country you appear not to like, full of people who've made it quite clear what they think of you. Yet you still feel the urge to come back and grasp at any sort of attention you can get, negative or not. Quite pathetic really, and says everything we'd ever need to know about you Tay.

Comment

Working...
                      X