• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Economic Miracle: MFI and Focus in crisis talks with lenders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Well I thought the Ikea chest of drawers the wife bought was very nice. And the pickled herrings were scrummy too.
    Shhh! Don't tell my wife they sell pickled herring. I'd never hear the end of it

I'm sure the chest is very nice. But wouldn't you prefer an oak wardrobe with carved erect male members and vomiting dragons?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Why is your avatar upside down?

Are you in Australia?
      xodia has used the Bert brand without paying the licence, so I thought I'd do something different...

Hopefully in Oz next Feb!
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

oh dear Francko,

it all depends on taste but let's be fair flat pack does make most people vomit at the thought

if you can resist the fashions, and furnish your house in a classical contempory style you will be able to find surprising solid well made furniture bargains in antique shops, second hand shops and auctions

the great unwashed would be surprised that a solid chest of drawers from an antique shop or auction doesn't have to cost much more than the disposable crap from the Ikea's

not to mention if you venture over to Central Europe you will be able to have furniture made to your design from the wood of your choice for not much more than the crap they sell in the UK

Milan.

Comment

I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie, you an oak man?
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            I like oak myself, that's what's in my bedroom. How 'bout you Jimmie, you an oak man?
            I always use mahogany when carving 'Long Tom'. The varnish really helps the cleaning process afterwards.
            Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
              I always use mahogany when carving 'Long Tom'. The varnish really helps the cleaning process afterwards.
              WS, have you got wood?
              Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
              You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
                WS, have you got wood?
                Ah yes, the glories of morning wood. I had a particularly pleasant commute this morning. The rhythmic vibration of the train, the bald head of the old man in front, the moustached foreign woman next to me. Lovely....
                Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
                  Ah yes, the glories of morning wood. I had a particularly pleasant commute this morning. The rhythmic vibration of the train, the bald head of the old man in front, the moustached foreign woman next to me. Lovely....
                  Tunnels used to have the same effect... Along with the odd mustachioed dusky maiden... Ah well, those halcyon days...
                  Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
                  You know you'll need us!

Comment

I would say seeing as the majority here are Chavs Ikea pretty much sums up their furniture aspirations

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                      I would say seeing as the majority here are Chavs Ikea pretty much sums up their furniture aspirations

Milan.
                      I am all in favour for italian luxury design furniture. But why spending 10k to furnish each room while with the same price you can buy a flat in eastern europe? Ikea is cool, man, it's for people who have better use of the money. Would say also that Ikea is not really chav. Chavs have more extravagant tastes*. How long haven't you been in UK Milan?

* They probably buy the same (chavtastic) style in MF shop
                      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                      X