• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Governments in EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    They've issued their banks guarantees that exceed the GDP of Belgium. Still, they do have better lunches than the Dutch.
    They're still well hacked off that the (ex) PM negotiated away Fortis in a way that let the NL government decide to take over everything the next week.

I've been egging them on a bit, but I'm not sure they've got round to troop build-ups along the Scheldt yet. At the very least, they'll be issuing extra state-sanctioned jokes about how tight the dutchists are.

You're right though, grown adults quaffing buttermilk is just worng.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantor View Post
      They're still well hacked off that the (ex) PM negotiated away Fortis in a way that let the NL government decide to take over everything the next week.

I've been egging them on a bit, but I'm not sure they've got round to troop build-ups along the Scheldt yet. At the very least, they'll be issuing extra state-sanctioned jokes about how tight the dutchists are.

You're right though, grown adults quaffing buttermilk is just worng.
      As is once again being confirmed to me in discussions with my agent, never trust the Dutch in matters of money.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

As is once again being confirmed to me in discussions with my agent, never trust the Dutch in matters of money.
        Except when going dutch.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Except when going dutch.
          Well look at it this way. Last week agent called and told me I had to accept a rate cut from 75 to 66 euros per hour due to ClientCo’s cost cutting meaures, otherwise ClientCo would serve 4 weeks notice. Agent then corrected herself mid conversation and said it was 63 euros. I said I would discuss at ClientCo to see if I could work closer to home a couple of days each week, thus saving me money. ClientCo agreed, so I agreed. Now I get an e-mail from agent asking me to confirm agreement at a rate of 61 euros. F**k me, how is anyone supposed to do a deal with this kind of moving target? How am I to believe I won’t be sent a contract for 59 euros?

This happens too often in NL.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

F**k me, how is anyone supposed to do a deal with this kind of moving target? How am I to believe I won’t be sent a contract for 59 euros?
            This happened to me a few years ago. Keep your eyes skinned for them switching the figure they are talking about between pay with and without social deductions / holiday pay or similar ruse.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Well look at it this way. Last week agent called and told me I had to accept a rate cut from 75 to 66 euros per hour due to ClientCo’s cost cutting meaures, otherwise ClientCo would serve 4 weeks notice. Agent then corrected herself mid conversation and said it was 63 euros. I said I would discuss at ClientCo to see if I could work closer to home a couple of days each week, thus saving me money. ClientCo agreed, so I agreed. Now I get an e-mail from agent asking me to confirm agreement at a rate of 61 euros. F**k me, how is anyone supposed to do a deal with this kind of moving target? How am I to believe I won’t be sent a contract for 59 euros?

This happens too often in NL.
              Blimey. That's a Dutch Auction.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Blimey. That's a Dutch Auction.
                Sounds like tulip to me

Comment

Working...
                X