• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Universe to continue Expansion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
    What is the universe expanding into?

Does that mean there is something the other side contracting?

If there is something on the other side that is contracting, then should we consider these alien contractors a threat to our market?

We need to stop the alien contractors before the EU makes us employ them. I say we upload a virus to the alien contractors mainframe.
    Yet another matter which keeps me up at night. Us and Them.

Its not just the fact that the Aliens will work for smaller rates - as they can time-travel (but only in four dimensions) they can start and finish a contract on the same day and bill the client for six months - meanwhile youve been left at the starting gate.

Even if we manage to upload a virus to the Alien Mainframe - we dont have a chance lads.

Aliens will take our jobs - like it or not.

Why doesnt the Government do something ??!!!!!
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 4 February 2009, 13:48.

Comment

It's getting worse; I didn't realise they could time travel.
      Do you think their spaceship has a USB connection?
      <Frantically writing virus for mothership/>
      Originally posted by cailin maith
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Quite possibly.

The mothership in Independence Day could be infected by a virus from a Macbook so I expect alien computer systems are fully compatible.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Hang on FSM - its not that bad - they can only Time Travel with a Time Machine - theyre not that clever.

Just checked out the MotherShip - bad news is its an RS232 port - so obsolete that weve got nowt to interface with that - even worse , even if we could theyre running the latest McAwful anti-virus suite.

And they watched Independence Day a few years ago on a hokey DVD - so theyre wise to our wee tricks.

This - my beautiful Friends - is The End .

Comment

Sufferin succotash

I have an old VMS Vax Terminal in the loft maybe we could hook that into their RS232 port and use an acoustic coupler, war games style, to hack into their AlienWare Mainframe, then we could spike thier CPU's and blow'em to bits.

Yeah, Yeah... lets do this.

Oh wait, I don't have an old fashion Telephone to put into the acoustic coupler. Darm

Comment

Originally posted by robbie274 View Post
              Sufferin succotash

I have an old VMS Vax Terminal in the loft maybe we could hook that into their RS232 port and use an acoustic coupler, war games style, to hack into their AlienWare Mainframe, then we could spike thier CPU's and blow'em to bits.

Yeah, Yeah... lets do this.

Oh wait, I don't have an old fashion Telephone to put into the acoustic coupler. Darm

... its a long shot - but it just might work.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                Quite possibly.

The mothership in Independence Day could be infected by a virus from a Macbook so I expect alien computer systems are fully compatible.
                Good film up to that bit - then it was drowned out by the guffawing of a million geeks.
                Another ridiculous IT related plot device was Phantom Menace when they take out the command ship causing all the robots to switch off.
                Any others?
                Bored.

Comment

No, no, don't get us started

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                    Good film up to that bit - then it was drowned out by the guffawing of a million geeks.
                    Another ridiculous IT related plot device was Phantom Menace when they take out the command ship causing all the robots to switch off.
                    Any others?
                    Just shows how mysterious and incomprehensible basic computers are to the vast majority - film makers included.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Just got back from a meeting.

Is the mothership destroyed yet?

Has someone tried reversing the polarity?
                      Originally posted by cailin maith
                      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Working...
                      X