• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More british jobs for italian workers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    DA

To understand that - you have to live in Italy itself - in some ways living in Italy is a little like following in Love with a prostitute.

More than this - I am eternally greatful to Rome - that Alf - a nobody from nowhere - lived and worked in the Eternal City for a year.

It changed my view of the World in ways I cannot describe.

And I even met Francko there too.
    I did say "in terms of work" as opposed to food, sh@@@ing, culture etc etc. I am intrigued to know why on Earth Italians would be more suitable to work in the subprime, subsistence, subzero North Lincolnshire than Northern British neanderthals.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      I did say "in terms of work" as opposed to food, sh@@@ing, culture etc etc. I am intrigued to know why on Earth Italians would be more suitable to work in the subprime, subsistence, subzero North Lincolnshire than Northern British neanderthals.
      ...or indeed why they would want to work in Grimsby.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

In terms of work and business what exactly can the Italians teach us?
        Multi-lingualism and two-hour lunch breaks
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Oh - now I see what you mean.

Well bearing in mind that in Belgium the Italians are the 3rd biggest national group (after the the French and Dutch) this was due to after the War they immigrated en masse to the South of Belgium to man the Coal Industry - and that is a tough job.

So they are certainly grafters if they put their mind to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            Multi-lingualism and two-hour lunch breaks
            They only take two hour lunch breaks with the Brits; translating everything makes every conversation take twice as long.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              They only take two hour lunch breaks with the Brits; translating everything makes every conversation take twice as long.
              I wasn't saying I had any objections . It takes at least 20 mins to work your way through the lunchtime wine list.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                They are rubbish workers. We had some of them over to build us a wall, blooming thing has fallen down already
                Aye, but I bet large chunks of it are still standing long after the typical Barratt house has crumbled.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                X