• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC/CTC clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Which breaches the Cabinet Office guidelines, which says that the government should NOT ask for prior clearance unless it will take longer to come through than the project will last (i.e. a month or less).

So, if you see job adverts which are restricting this, then you should ensure that you report the job advert and agency to the DBERR.
    They can disguise it how they like... they can say "All candidates can apply". But at the end of the day, if the hiring manager has an urgent need and there is someone with some of the skills and the clearance... who are they more likely going to give the job to? They won't give it to someone with the exact skills and no clearance. This is one case where cheapness is the mostness.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      This is what you do:

Just lie to the pimp. Say you've got it. When you get your foot in the door the client will start you on a wavier process and you'll have your SC before the end of the contract.
      Hmm, probably not that wise since a sizable part of the Clearance process looks at how trustworthy you are, starting with an outright lie might not be ideal.

I suspect (hope) that your comment was thoroughly tongue in cheek.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        Hmm, probably not that wise since a sizable part of the Clearance process looks at how trustworthy you are, starting with an outright lie might not be ideal.

I doubt that they would get past the front door as they would check the validity of clearance before they offer the role. Therefore it was a tongue firmly in cheek comment. Which cheek.... couldn't answer that.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

Well I've done it before - but then I had clearance before, it had just expired because of a stupid security officer's useless administration.

I'd not recommend this approach if you've never been cleared.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            This is what you do:

Just lie to the pimp. Say you've got it. When you get your foot in the door the client will start you on a wavier process and you'll have your SC before the end of the contract.
            WHS. At least one member on this board did it claiming a DV, and it worked a treat.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
            X