• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where's the snow?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wxman View Post
    All London buses withdrawn from service due to extreme weather conditions forecast today and tommorow. Most likely those that are stuck where they are wont be going anywhere anytime soon.

Actualy the "worst" is not really due until tomorrow with London forecast to be quite badly hit.
    Was just looking at the photos of London in the snow today. Looks like 2" max.

And this is a severe weather incident!?!

Comment

Her Ladyship has just been having a text exchange with a friend in Wimbledon, London. Friend is on a hill where the buses run. She thought it odd the road (a bur route) had not been gritted all day.

So it would appear someone had made the decision to shut down the capital by yesterday lunch time and so there was no need for the gritters to go out.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

About an inch here in the deep frozen North.

Comment

Bracknell has approx 3 or 4 inches.

Comment

Advice on the radio is to stay at home. Sounds good to me !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              Advice on the radio is to stay at home. Sounds good to me !!!
              Miss a days money.

And I have to take a trip across the road to get some junk food hopefully when I do the neighbours kids are not around as there is a good build up of snow on the cars.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This is the worst snow since 1991 and is forecast to get worse as the week progresses. Good luck to those that have to travel, but you could spend more time travelling than in the office !!

Comment

Has anybody made the trip over the Pennines? What's the M62 like as we keep getting some pretty heavy fluries in Rochdale?
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

http://www.angelfire.com/wa/zzaran/calvin.html

ideas for snowmen
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

just chatted to he missus on the phone. She's just had four inches apparently

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X