• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are Indian IT Companies.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liability View Post
    Correct - WHS

When at a well known Bank I became good friends with a TCS Oracle Bod [who was actually good at his job albeit slower] and he was telling me the industry tricks over their - from memory [and this was 2003]

- when they get interviewed they are on a conf call with MUTE
    - if they cant do the above - there is another guy in another room on google or with 3 other of the "senior" people
    - they will bid the lowest for projects as they know for a fact that they can throw in [back then] 15+ people for every one in the UK
    - if they dont have the skills they dont have an issue in poaching from another Indian company - competition from the top 5 over their in India is fierce and generally techies can play each other off.

thats all I remember - but im sure theres others
    Originally posted by Liability View Post
    that was my point - they may start in other areas but they will seldom get in a position where they dont have control.
    maybe there able to provide worker's who are able to use apostrophe's and capital letter's correctly

You're not in a position to judge others when you can't even write English correctly.
    Last edited by NickFitz; 2 February 2009, 05:12. Reason: A little less harshness.

Comment

I was working for a virtualisation company in the Summer that was looking to get bought out. THey were approached by an Indian company who had several meetings with the directors to find out about the business. They then (wrongly) thought that the support monkey who works there was the key to the business and knew all the client systems and technical details. THey then approached him to move over and bring all the documentation and talk the clients into moving over with him. This guy is Indian and told me he wouldn't work for an Indian company as he doesn't trust Indian executives - said they will always cheat!!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        maybe there able to provide worker's who are able to use apostrophe's and capital letter's correctly

You're not in a position to judge others when you can't even write English correctly.

Ahem!
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
          Ahem!
          LOL! Nobody likes a pedantic twat.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
            Ahem!
            I think you will find that the point he was making has sailed several feet over your head.

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
              I had a phone 'interview' with an indian outsourcer wanting someone to do some development work for them 3 years or so ago. It became apparent very quickly that they had no understanding of the technology they wanted to use. They offered me the role at a third of the market rate, told them it wasn't worth my while. It seemed as though they had won a bid for some work by undercutting everyone without having any clue about how to do the work.
              And they think that is enough to make them a contracting agency? Oh, no, surely not?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                I think you will find that the point he was making has sailed several feet over your head.
                Whs

Comment

Working...
                X