• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Liver failure?

It obviously affected my liver temporarily. I was ok after a few days, but the doctor signed me off work so that I did not frighten my colleagues !!

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
      Mad Dog 20/20 anyone?
      Yeah, 2020, white lightning and special brew were drinks that were a regular feature in my friday nights until I could get served in a pub. White lightning put me off cider for years.

Comment

Night Train Express (17.5% ABV) was always a good way of passing those long afternoons on the dole in the Eighties

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
          At the other end of the spectrum I seem to recall that there was an ultra cheapo brand of lager called Ace and it was about 2% alcohol. You could buy it in all night garages and I seem to recall that a crate of 24 cans would only set you back £8.
          Hmm. Called something like Eagle? But not Eagle 'cos that's a really nice bitter.

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Anyone remember "Kestrel" Lager?
          KESTREL! That was it! I once bought a slab of 24 cans for me & a mate to drink while doing a cash-in-hand painting job when teenagers. He turned his nose up at it, and I drank the rest. It took me all day, but I drank them. No noticeable effect.

Proper piss, that was!
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            KESTREL! That was it! I once bought a slab of 24 cans
            I did similar as a student, couldn't even give the stuff away.

Comment

Working...
            X