• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I back this strike !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    So why dont you f*** off and go and work there?
    Because until next week when my rate goes down, they’ve been paying me a tulip load of money in the Netherlands. But thanks for the suggestion, I know that several Italian provinces will shortly be renewing their emergency services telco systems, and seeing as I have a lot of experience in that field, and good contacts with the major players in that field, I might just do that.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Because until next week when my rate goes down, they’ve been paying me a tulip load of money in the Netherlands. But thanks for the suggestion, I know that several Italian provinces will shortly be renewing their emergency services telco systems, and seeing as I have a lot of experience in that field, and good contacts with the major players in that field, I might just do that.

Justy what is the demand for gear boxes with multiple reverse gears like these days?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Go ahead, choose protectionism. See what happens 10 years down the line when the rest of the world has moved on and British business is once again dominated by hard left unions, government cronyism, jobs for the boys and backward, low quality overpriced products.
        Erm, didn't you say earlier you didn't know what would happen?
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Erm, yes. Take a look at the regions around Milan, Turin, Bellinzona and Bologna; you’ll see a hell of a lot of industry. Cars, kitchen appliances, high speed trains, aircraft parts, instrumentation, industrial machines, trucks, tractors, motorcycles, bicycles and all the ancilliary industries that are needed by Northern Italian industry. Not exactly workshy. In fact I think you’ll find that Northern Italy is one of the world’s richest and most successful industrial regions. Economic figures in Italy are skewed by the basket case that Italy becomes as soon as you go south of Rome. The north is rich, successful and highly productive. The south is well, the less said about that the better.
          You are a Northern League stooge and I claim my ten million Lira note...

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
            Erm, didn't you say earlier you didn't know what would happen?
            No, I said that we can't know what will be succesful. All we really know is what hasn't worked in the past, and protectionism is one of those ideas that's failed. Better to try something that might be succesful than something which we know will fail.

Comment

You are a Northern League stooge and I claim my ten million Lira note...
              So someone who sees large economic differences between northern and southern Italy is a northern league stooge?

Comment

No, I said that we can't know what will be succesful. All we really know is what hasn't worked in the past, and protectionism is one of those ideas that's failed. Better to try something that might be succesful than something which we know will fail.

Personally, I believe a certain amount of protectionism can be justified when we are looking at 3.4 million unemployed in a worldwide recession. Free markets in boom times is fine but to keep the borders open and allow in 150,000 foreign workers this year seems pretty stupid and will no doubt help to lose Labour the election in 2010 !!

Comment

So someone who sees large economic differences between northern and southern Italy is a northern league stooge?
                  Yeah. What of it?

Comment

Yeah. What of it?
                    A bit of a straw man argument, but go ahead.

Comment

A bit of a straw man argument, but go ahead.
                      Eh?

Comment

Working...
                      X