• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1000 jobs down the tubes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Usually the good ones go and you're left with the dross.
    I'm still here at TfL

Anyway this was announced before Xmas, just so happens they are insourcing at the moment so how they plan to cut 1000 is beyond me. maybe they'll just get everyone to work a bit!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      That was amazing. You knowledge of trains is fantastic.

Do astronauts steer rockets?

Yes.

This is also why TFL train drivers can't pilot space shuttles or moon landers.

HTH
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        After qualifying to drive a train, they do need to be certified for each route they drive.
        How hard can that be - those metal lines stretching off into the distance in front give you a pretty good indication as to where you are going. Stations and platforms I would expect are pretty easy to differentiate from the usual stuff you see next to train tracks. I suppose the skill is knowing which signals it's possible to pass on red without getting the sack.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
        X