• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working away..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Would agree unless you are going out of T5 which is an absolute pleasure now that the initial hiccups have been resolved.
    TBH it's not only the airport itself, bad as that is, but the location which I find inconvenient. I suppose if you live near Paddington it's OK.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      TBH it's not only the airport itself, bad as that is, but the location which I find inconvenient. I suppose if you live near Paddington it's OK.
      Client pays all expenses, so it's chauffer straight to the T5 front door regardless of where I start out from.

Comment

Client pays all expenses, so it's chauffer straight to the T5 front door regardless of where I start out from.
        Would you do it if it were your company that paid?

Comment

Would you do it if it were your company that paid?
          I probably would actually, given that:

- I live in SW London and it is the most convenient route for me to get to Schipol.
          - I have really had excellent service in and out of T5 in the last 6 months
          - I like flying BA

Comment

I probably would actually, given that:

- I live in SW London and it is the most convenient route for me to get to Schipol.
            - I have really had excellent service in and out of T5 in the last 6 months
            - I like flying BA
            No I mean pay for the car? With me it's already farcical, if I take public transport to Heathrow (from Bedfordshire) then the most expensive part of the whole journey is the train into London. If I drive, the most expensive part of the journey is the parking at Heathrow. The last thing I need is more expense on the UK land part of the journey; but it is a pain because it's a couple of hours time more or less wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              Been there, Done that, almost got divorced over it!
              Snap

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Anyway, Terminal 5 means BA, and BA's flights to Frankfurt are more limited, and they don't have any when I want them. So I think I'm stuck in the no-Heathrow club.

Comment

You could always look at travelodge, if you book well enough in advance you can get rooms for as little as £19 a night. iirc you may even get a discount for extended periods.

It's bog standard and clean.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    You could always look at travelodge, if you book well enough in advance you can get rooms for as little as £19 a night. iirc you may even get a discount for extended periods.

It's bog standard and clean.
                    Is it true that HMRC limit expenses to 25.00 a day in the UK?

Comment

No I mean pay for the car? With me it's already farcical, if I take public transport to Heathrow (from Bedfordshire) then the most expensive part of the whole journey is the train into London. If I drive, the most expensive part of the journey is the parking at Heathrow. The last thing I need is more expense on the UK land part of the journey; but it is a pain because it's a couple of hours time more or less wasted.
                      Sorry, I misunderstood. If I was paying I would probably drive myself and park at Heathrow.

Comment

Working...
                      X