• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working away..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I worked away I used to get Fridays from home as soon as possible. It makes a huge difference being away 3 nights instead of 4. Also, after I'd been there a while I used to do some Mondays from home also.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      When I worked away I used to get Fridays from home as soon as possible. It makes a huge difference being away 3 nights instead of 4. Also, after I'd been there a while I used to do some Mondays from home also.
      I've done that. Makes a huge difference to me. Unfortunately my OH was still describing me as being away "all week" when I was trying to point out that I was away 3 nights and home 4 nights.

Comment

Yep tipping the balance to being at home more nights than away makes a world of difference. It may be just my industry, but it seems to be harder to secure these days
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          I've done that. Makes a huge difference to me. Unfortunately my OH was still describing me as being away "all week" when I was trying to point out that I was away 3 nights and home 4 nights.
          Yes I often had that comment. I'd set off from work at about 6 and get home for anout 9:30 thursday night. Then I'd be home all Friday, Staurday and Sunday and quite often half or all of Monday - but I was still away all week.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            Yes I often had that comment. I'd set off from work at about 6 and get home for anout 9:30 thursday night. Then I'd be home all Friday, Staurday and Sunday and quite often half or all of Monday - but I was still away all week.
            and then when you're home 7 days a week they start getting edgy about that too ......

Comment

Working...
            X