• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the housing market still alive?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US housing market showed an unexpected gain in House Sales in Decemner - however Grey Slates remain - Grey Slates.

Comment

Some friends sold in December last year. They were sh**ing themselves right up to the point the new people moved in.

I've never seen them so relieved!

Brother in law part exchanged with David Wilson in November - not as good a deal as first thought with the market dropping more now.
      Beer
      is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        We sold on a high and our rent is pretty high just now as well considering interest rates but I have calculated that house prices just have to keep dropping 2.5% a year to make it worth out while.

Our landlord wanted to sell up and got the place valued, the surveyor told him there was no chance it would sell for what he wanted. In fact it would not get much more than what he paid for it in 2004.
        TBH, he'll have to be lucky if he gets that.

Prices are on a slide back down to 2002 levels (which, IMHO for the good of the economy, they shouldn't have been allowed to rise from!)

tim

Comment

Bought in South London 2004 with my new lady, spent all the time daydreaming of fat profits. 90% mortgage.

Relationship soured, bubble burst, now spend all day in quiet desperation, running through scenarios in my head where the best case is getting out evens.

On the upside, a guy in my department just bought, don't know the details, but he be a first time buyer.

Comment

Working...
          X