• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown in 2003, when warned he was causing a debt problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    That is a cheap and thoughtless shot on your part. The history of the 20th Century shows that many an economics PhD didn't know what he was talking about, so the idea is not preposterous. The question is whether Brown had any right to think that in this case he had done better. We all think now that he didn't, but in 2003 it was plausible for Brown to think so.

So he was wrong. That's not "rather funny", and taking "arrogance to a whole new level". It's just mistaken.

Of course your version was funnier. Just not right.
    No actually. Brown is famous for not taking advice and thinking he knows best. There are numerous recorded examples of people he works/worked with confirming that.

That would be fair enough if he had some academic background or some experience in what he claims to be an expert in. He hasn't. His previous job to becoming an MP was as a journalist.

So taking his taking the mick out of Cable was arrogance, pure and simple. And yes I find it funny (in a very, very sad way) that someone so utterly unqualified to run even a company's finances - let alone a country's - can be put in the position where he can virtually bankrupt it.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      All that I said is well known, except to you obviously. Don't you know anything?

This is the same as the last time you questioned something I said about your beloved labour party and I had to provide you (just you) with links for something that everyone else seems to know, and the time before that. Next time you can f***ing look it up yourself.
      I see why Tories get called the nasty party anyway. I am so sorry for challenging your precious "knowledge" and for the record, I am not a Labour supporter.

Comment

Working...
      X