• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At what age do you plan to retire?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    If you guys are all retiring, who's paying back the £1 trillion pound the government owe in debt?

I think you are in for a shock.

Minimum retirement age to collect a pension will be raised to 115.

Tax is still payable on pensions from about 5,400 pounds at 20% from age 55 until 65. The band increases to approx 9100 at 65. That's why I intend to take a hefty tax free lump sum to clear my mortgage.

Comment

oops. I read that as "what age did you plan to retire...
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        oops. I read that as "what age did you plan to retire...

Many will not be retiring at all thanks to Labour and the destruction of private sector pensions.

Comment

If you guys are all retiring, who's paying back the £1 trillion pound the government owe in debt?

I think you are in for a shock.

Minimum retirement age to collect a pension will be raised to 115.
          Extermination at 60.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

59 but it won't happen until i'm 63 and a half

Comment

I don't know why cyberman is posting. He's 'living' proof of the waste of time paying into pensions. Seems wise at first but he's on his last legs and will only probably get to draw a few years of it. His pensions company will be quids in I blame New Lie
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                I don't know why cyberman is posting. He's 'living' proof of the waste of time paying into pensions. Seems wise at first but he's on his last legs and will only probably get to draw a few years of it. His pensions company will be quids in I blame New Lie

My pension has done well, not least because I stopped paying into it in 1996. The damage was done from 1997.

Comment

boo
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

You are Mr V

I'll be living in Spain
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                      You are Mr V

I'll be living in Spain

Good Luck Santa. I will be in Brazil !! ..... and good luck to all you taxpayers... forget saving !!

Comment

Working...
                      X