• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heroes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Like most modern Sci Fi the first consideration is finding 'hot' actors for the geek audience to have a pot noodle over. Then comes the story, which is usually half baked and overly drawn out (if it becomes a success and more episodes are commisioned). Sci fi is basically cheessy teen soap opera gets superpowers these days where action is replaced with kool dialogue and pent up sexually frustrated relationships (maybe this adds to the pot noodle fantasies).
    The Sarah Connor chronicles seems to be the exception to that rule...
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I liked it to start with, but it got more and more stupid.

Comment

I ate the whole box of them
        'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          Anyone know what happened to this series?
          I was watching it before Christmas and It seems to have disappeared from the schedules.
          Second part of season three (Fugitives) starts on NBC tonight. So should be back on BBC in a couple of weeks.

Finally got round to watching the last chunk of episodes this weekend. I wish they would remember to CUT OFF SYLAR'S HEAD - they've "killed" him about four times so far...
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Yeah, the BBC realised it was dragged out crap and pulled the plug
            It did start to drag on no end during the third series.

Read an interview with the creator, who said that he also felt they were flogging a dead horse with regards to the storylines, and has promised that the 4th series will be much better, and pretty much start from scratch.
            If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
              It did start to drag on no end during the third series.

Read an interview with the creator, who said that he also felt they were flogging a dead horse with regards to the storylines, and has promised that the 4th series will be much better, and pretty much start from scratch.
              ISTM reading an interview with him where he said he realised the second series wasn't very good and promised the third would be better.

I gave up on the second series, but watched the first few of the third before giving up all over again.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                I'll be Back is on again this Thursday on Virgin 1...
                I gave up on that too.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Like most modern Sci Fi the first consideration is finding 'hot' actors for the geek audience to have a pot noodle over. Then comes the story, which is usually half baked and overly drawn out (if it becomes a success and more episodes are commisioned). Sci fi is basically cheessy teen soap opera gets superpowers these days where action is replaced with kool dialogue and pent up sexually frustrated relationships (maybe this adds to the pot noodle fantasies).
                  WHS

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
                    No way. This has been a really good series.

Sylar is brilliant, and the cheerleader is hot.
                    maybe so but cant act for tulip! she constantly talks through her teeth and the seem to make out she is something good, but seriously, she is ruining it!! this series was OK nothing special.
                    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
                      maybe so but cant act for tulip! she constantly talks through her teeth and the seem to make out she is something good, but seriously, she is ruining it!! this series was OK nothing special.
                      NBC have said that they think the longer term future of the series isn't in doubt, but so far have not renewed it past this new one (like they have with other series already).

I lost interest in this series, but had some time to catch up, so did. Will give it a few more and then see how we go - part four is meant to be less complicated and more back to basics, so will see.

The idea that they keep forgetting to kill the bad guy properly is getting VERY tedious, though - they did it twice in the last three episodes.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X