• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hedge funds advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Neighbour not happy about me putting up a fence, but agreed to a hedge.

Fence is only around £150, max.

However, got a quote for a hedge (supply only, I dig) at £440.70 for 15 Cherry Laurel plants at 1.2/1.5m Rootball.

Can anyone suggest a cheaper plant that does the job (evergreen, and not that hedge that everyone hates!), and, also suggest any hedge suppliers that do delivery?

Live in Manchester / Cheshire, but a firm that does Nationwide delivery would be great.
    Sorry to hear of your plight.

Would your neighbor settle for a shruberies based solution instead ?

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
      Sorry to hear of your plight.

Would your neighbor settle for a shruberies based solution instead ?
      Ni!!!!!!

Comment

Japanese knotweed hedge.

Comment

Not neighbour's decision is it?

However, got a quote for a hedge (supply only, I dig) at £440.70 for 15 Cherry Laurel plants at 1.2/1.5m Rootball.

Can anyone suggest a cheaper plant that does the job (evergreen, and not that hedge that everyone hates!), and, also suggest any hedge suppliers that do delivery?
          What is this, Gardeners Question Time?
          Live in Manchester / Cheshire, but a firm that does Nationwide delivery would be great.
          Why? If they deliver to Manc/Cheshire it doesn't matter where else does it?

Comment

There's no need to pay for the hedge. Find an existing one that you like the look of and take some cuttings. Bring these on indoors and when the cuttings start to show some new growth you can plant them outside. It will cost next to nothing.

I planted a new box hedge in my Dad's garden about 20 years ago using this approach. It is nearly three feet high now.

Comment

Originally posted by Manic View Post
              Leylandi is your friend
              I planted 3x 6 footers last winter, my neighbours raised roof went up a lot quicker.

We begrudgingly accepted the plans he submitted providing the 3x letterbox style windows on the dormer had obscured glass, 3 months after it went up we complained to the council that he wasn't complying, they replied saying that the 'frost' is often applied after they're fitted so we should give more time.

6 months later and they're still clear, he's now applied to have the obscured glass condition removed from the original plan, the junior planning officer then let slip that he was advised to go down this route when he submitted the original plan.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
              X