• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London: snout in the trough again.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London: snout in the trough again.

TFL has forty million pounds locked into a recently collapsed Iceland Bank.

Commenting on the announcement that Transport for London had around £40 million invested in the failed Icelandic bank Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander Caroline Pidgeon AM, the Liberal Democrat's transport spokesperson at the London Assembly, says: "It's up to the government to step in to ensure London's travelling public doesn't have to pick up the bill."
    So who does pick up the bill? All taxpayers, even if they never set foot in London?

Originally posted by expat View Post

So who does pick up the bill? All taxpayers, even if they never set foot in London?
    It's only fair...

Comment

Bill it to the Scots. They get a really good deal and should give something back !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        Bill it to the Scots. They get a really good deal and should give something back !!
        Mr Troll, if you're referring to the Barnett Formula, that is a way for several parts of the UK, including Scotland, to get an allocation of funds to match part of the funds being allocated to other parts including London.

So they don't get "a good deal" (they get exploited) and have nothing to "give back" (but rather ought to give less).

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          Mr Troll, if you're referring to the Barnett Formula, that is a way for several parts of the UK, including Scotland, to get an allocation of funds to match part of the funds being allocated to other parts including London.

So they don't get "a good deal" (they get exploited) and have nothing to "give back" (but rather ought to give less).
          The English duffed up the Scots in the 17th and 18th centuries, so it's only fair that they should cough up in times of need.

While we're at it we should go get some dosh off those German folk too. And the Spanish.

And then go invade France and pinch all their cheese.

I really should run for office....I think I've got it all sorted
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
            The English duffed up the Scots in the 17th and 18th centuries, so it's only fair that they should cough up in times of need.

While we're at it we should go get some dosh off those German folk too. And the Spanish.

And then go invade France and pinch all their cheese.

I really should run for office....I think I've got it all sorted
            Sounds like a plan

Comment

Working...
            X