• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

interviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can list 4, including 1 I actually got the job!

2 were with yorkshire electricity. First one I was interviewed by 2 very young permies. o-oh, I thought when I saw them.

Anyway, the guy opens the interview, thanks me for turning up and says 'Why do you want to work for YE?' Excuse me? I asked? So he repeats, why doy ou want to work for YE?

I said is there some mistake? Why? he asks. Because that's a question I'd expect to be asked for a permie role and I understand this role is for a contract. Yes, that's right, he says. I lost interest at that point.

2nd one at YE, I was due to be interviewed for a bog standard testing role, SQL not required etc. Turns up to the interview to be met by 2 guys, the team leader was 'busy' and couldnt attend. They just told me about the job and didnt ask me any questions! I had to ask them about the role, what it entailed etc, etc. Couldnt believe it, job in the bag, interview piss easy and £1500 a week.

Gets the job turns up first day and the team leader is 'busy' again. No where to be seen for 3 days! When she eventually turns up, I can undertsand why she was never available. She couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery and just wanted me to read, read, and read. After 2 weeks of this I'd had enough and told her I wanted to do some work.

She then went on to criticise my SQL skills so I pointed out the job spec she'd presumably written didnt state any! She then started to make a bad name for myself. So she's a right **** arent you nina carroll?

Once had an interview with BT at Gateshead. Was told in the interview I'd got the job could I start monday? Yep no probs so organised accommodation etc. Turns out BT changed their mind on Friday but didnt tell me until I arrived on site Monday morning.

Another interview at logica, again told I had the job, start Monday, you'll be sat here etc. Da before due to start agent phones and says they changed their mind. Obviously spoken to that stupid woman again.
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
    X