• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oyster card issue : am I being unreasonable?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I remember a reporter did a piece on this subject. He got a zone 1 travelcard which was refused. He went through the barrier : and got a penalty ticket as he went partially into zone 2!
    Weird - the Circle is all in Zone 1 according to the map

(Notting Hill Gate is in both zones, but that shouldn't make a difference.)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I think the map has changed? I am sure it was the SW section and Earls court was in zone 2?

I seem to rember that there was no station in zone 1 but it crossed into zone 2 territory between stations!

Comment

faqqer : will the credit still be there in August? I was told it expires after a week and Mrs faq should get another email telling her this.
        They've never said it wouldn't be there.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
          bloody buggers aren't they.. I went to O2 dome place had a quick walk around, went back to canary wharf where I'd come from and couldn't get out. Turned out they'd deducted max fare because I wasn't at the O2 centre long enough!!! WTF

!
          It's not as if this problem isn't entirely fixable in their software is it?

But can the be bothered, No!

(Oh it does annoy me, when I can't get sniff of a job outside of my product area, what a uselss load of morons are allowed to design systems in some technologies)

tim

Comment

I remember a reporter did a piece on this subject. He got a zone 1 travelcard which was refused. He went through the barrier : and got a penalty ticket as he went partially into zone 2!
            You don't get a penalty for this.

You just get charged the normal Zone 2 "add on" fare.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It's because you went in and out at the same station with no intermediate stop.

The system (not entirely unreasonably) assumes that no-one would want to do this. It therefore assumes that you must have travelled to an 'open' station, left the system, done your shopping, re-entered the system and travelled home with shopping.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
                It's because you went in and out at the same station with no intermediate stop.

The system (not entirely unreasonably) assumes that no-one would want to do this. It therefore assumes that you must have travelled to an 'open' station, left the system, done your shopping, re-entered the system and travelled home with shopping.

tim
                Eh? What if I enter the station and then find trains are running stupidly late or overcrowded so decide to get the bus/a cab/walk? Or realise I've left the oven on? There must be legitimate reasons to enter and leave at the same point - and if only a short time has elapsed, it's obvious the user hasn't had time to go anywhere.

Comment

You can walk out without been charged...forgot how many minutes you're allowed

Comment

I just got an email :-

Dear XXXXXXX

The pay as you go refund of£4.00 was not picked up on your Oyster card. This may be because you did not touch in at Bank to collect the refund between and .

REFUND DETAILS

Reason: Overcharged because of an operational issue
                    Value: £4.00
                    Refund Number: XXXXXX
                    Pick-up location: Bank
                    Status: Failed to be credited to Oyster card number nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

To request for this refund to be re-sent to a station for pick-up, please log in to your online account at www.tfl.gov.uk/oyster and follow the steps given below:

* Go to 'My account' and click on 'Orders/refunds'; your orders/refunds history will be displayed here.
                    * From the list please select the appropriate 'Refund number' and review your refund details.
                    * Click on 'Resubmit Refund' and select an appropriate station for pick up.

For any further inquires, please call the Oyster helpline on 0845 330 9876 (8am - 8pm daily).

===========================================
                    So now I have to get another journey and tell them beforehand before I get a refund! What muppets designed this?

Comment

Working...
                    X