• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uk Doom - How do we prepare for what happens next?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I'm thinking the Isle of Wight.
    That would suit you.
    It's populated by cretinous geriatric Daily Mail readers.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by FSM with Cheddar View Post
      Sounds like a good plan.

We need to eat more, and worry less.

Someone should tell the daily mail we have solved the problem.
      We’ll run our economy a bit like Portugal. Tend our gardens and vineyards or hops and do a bit of fishing in the mornings and then spend all afternoon eating it all. Can’t be that bad surely?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Brown View Post
        I'm a Lidl man myself.
        A lot of people are thanks to you. Gordon, do have shares in Lidl?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          We’ll run our economy a bit like Portugal. Tend our gardens and vineyards or hops and do a bit of fishing in the mornings and then spend all afternoon eating it all. Can’t be that bad surely?
          Sounds idyllic, but we'd have to get our population nearer to the 11 million of Portugal first. But we know better than that, more people = higher GDP = boomed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            When you look at our country from above, it is virtually all fields. We should definitely put more effort into growing our own stuff.
            Originally posted by cailin maith
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

When you look at our country from above, it is virtually all fields. We should definitely put more effort into growing our own stuff.
              Indeed, and British seasonal veg at it’s best is as good as any in the world. British grass fed Hereford beef is simply unbeatable, but unfortunately almost unavailable in continental Europe since ignorant people got confused about BSE, which never affected grass fed beef herds.

English wines are now reaching high standards, British farmhouse cheeses are fantastic and British game is perhaps the best in the world, because it’s well managed.

Comment

I am going to stockpile tinned goods.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I am going to stockpile tinned goods.
                  I have a two weeks supply of tinned food / water just in case.

I'm not paranoid am I?

Comment

I have a two weeks supply of tinned food / water just in case.

I'm not paranoid am I?
                    Yes. Anyway, if it does get so bad that you need your stockpile it’ll probably be nicked by a bunch of marauding chavs, unless you are very large and vicious, in which case you may as well nick it from someone else.

Comment

Back to my original, should I buy guns or grow veg

Stockpile of food is more for not having to go outside if there was a flu pandemic etc. Yes OK, I'm a bit paranoid. I'll have a word with those voices in my head.

Comment

Working...
                      X