• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone been to...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Minorca
    Atlantic coast of Portugal
    Jersey
    Scilly Isles

Places I've not holidayed to and was wondering what they are like for a summer holiday?

Can't travel far have a toddler now.
    Jersey was fine even with a toddler - for a couple of days or so. Note the restaruants open / close at certain times so if toddler is hungry at the wrong time you need some snacks handy!

Also time your flights accordingly, I remember arriving at lunch time on a Sunday with a toddler and by the time we drove to the hotel there was nothing open and we had to wait 'til 4:30pm for anything to eat.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
      Jersey was fine even with a toddler - for a couple of days or so. Note the restaruants open / close at certain times so if toddler is hungry at the wrong time you need some snacks handy!

Also time your flights accordingly, I remember arriving at lunch time on a Sunday with a toddler and by the time we drove to the hotel there was nothing open and we had to wait 'til 4:30pm for anything to eat.
      God! Why bother?

If it was a choice between Jersey and Portugal you'd have to be senile to go to Jersey. It's the dullest place offshore of the UK mainland - except for the Isle of Man (shudder).

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
      X