• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsure if this scheme is above board but might inspire those who are desperate and have the morals of an alley cat or Tony Blair ....

“I’m calling with regards to the Honeyrose Foundation which is an appeal for adults who have been diagnosed terminally ill.

“We are trying to raise support so we can give those affected what could be a final wish, anything from a day out to a weekend away with close family.

“To do this we are sending out big 3ft by 2ft local business directories.”

What David wasn’t told to spell out is this:

* just five per cent of the money raised goes to the Honeyrose Foundation.
    * 30 per cent goes to the rep.
    * the rest is kept by Chestnut House, which has given only £60,000 to Honeyrose from £1.2million raised.

David’s target earnings were £35,000-a-year. At up to £595 an ad, that’s a lot of wallspace to sell.

No wonder some Chestnut House employees are economical with the truth.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 15 January 2009, 15:00.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      A lot of jobs will also be lost by simply not re-hiring staff when they leave.
      Who would leave a job now?

Comment

Hey don't shoot the messenger. You silly chunts voted Labour. Several times.
        Of course in the interim between voting Tony in and now, unemployment did happen to be pretty low for a few years didn't it?
        I am trying to find a graph for the last 15 years, can anyone suggest a website for this kind of thing, all I can find is isolated news stories?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Someone with big balls.

Or big bags of cash.

Or both.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Women who don't come back from maternity.
            People on temp contracts.
            Contractors.
            Those emigrating or have found a better job.
            Those leaving to run the family business.

Loads of people.

Comment

Women who don't come back from maternity.
              People on temp contracts.
              Contractors.
              Those emigrating or have found a better job.
              Those leaving to run the family business.

Loads of people.
              the missus retires a week today

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                the missus retires a week today

Good point, those retiring. Those leaving due to ill health. Those that die. Those that don't get on with the boss.

Lots of people leave jobs for all sorts of reasons.

Comment

Hey don't shoot the messenger. You silly chunts voted Labour. Several times.

I didn't vote Labour myself, but do you think we would be in a much different situation now if we had had a conservative government for that last 11 years ?

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
                    I didn't vote Labour myself, but do you think we would be in a much different situation now if we had had a conservative government for that last 11 years ?
                    WHS, I'd sooner have AtW or CyberTory running the show than David Cameron. I always vote for the most obscure candidate on the list, if we all did it then things would change.

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
                      Massively different. Low taxes, healthy balance sheet, much less red-tape, low immigration and efficient public services.

It would be a world away from the total bankruptcy, overcrowding and debt we face now as taxpayers for maybe the next 100 years.

This country is months away from total collapse.

Comment

Working...
                      X