• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How Much To Go Perm?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    That's the Acid Test isn't it ?

I think it's times like these we get to see who the contractors really are ...!
    I don't see contracting as a badge of achievement, it's a means to an end (earning a decent living) and I simply don't understand why people make a fuss about it, there are plus and minus points to contracting.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      I don't see contracting as a badge of achievement, it's a means to an end (earning a decent living) and I simply don't understand why people make a fuss about it, there are plus and minus points to contracting.
      Agree - alll this "separates men from the boys" stuff is odd to say the least. I just do it for Money - no other reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
        ...what Basic would you look for to go Perm right now?.....

Deirdrie Barlow or Kevin Keegan Perm?
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I want to arn what andyw earns.

Comment

I admit I'm strange, but if I was ever to get a permie role it would be because I had a nice little job, just down the road from where I live on flexi time, the money would come in after this. Somehow I do not think that will ever happen.

So, I accept the commute to where I work, the handling of my own financial affairs and all the hassle of dealing with agents and hope to remain my number one employee.
            Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Maybe I have missed the point of the forum but I'm sitting here wondering why no one has answered the question!

35K for a 4 day/28hour week + Non-contrib pension + Family BUPA + 24 days holiday + 30min commute to secure on-site parking + 4 months salary redundancy entitlement.

Comment

I would do the same as mitch, something else rather than go permie. I am a trained butcher and would rather do that for 15 grand a year than a crappy permie job working for some Bill Lumbergh type.

Comment

£75k+ basic + package.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I would take a permie job if any existed outside of the dilbert universe. I have never ever seen or heard of any company where a dilbert existence is not absolutely guaranteed.

At least when contracting I can laugh at it whilst making good money, and I know it's not forever.

Given the choice of unemployment or dilbert employment, I'll take unemployment.

Comment

Originally posted by xux42 View Post
                      Maybe I have missed the point of the forum but I'm sitting here wondering why no one has answered the question!

Answering the question is in a long queue behind more important things that need to go into a CUK post such as:

1) Trying to look clever
                      2) Pointing out spelling mistakes
                      3) Having a go at the poster
                      4) Doom
                      5) Boom
                      6) AndyW

and so on.

Comment

Working...
                      X