• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Land of Leather goes under

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Presumably brought about not just because people don't have the money to spend but because, like most of these furniture chains - DFS et al - they rely on being able to offer cheap or free credit to their customers to make the sales.
    True. It was still rubbish product though. I remember breaking up an old sofa from one of those places and it was basically just a frame of nailed together 2x1, some foam and a bit of cloth over the top. Maybe that's what all furniture is thoúgh, I dunno.

Comment

I hope DFS goes next.

Then we'll be spared their ridiculous BIGGEST EVER SALE! adverts every national holiday. Right up there with Cillit Bang.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
        True. It was still rubbish product though. I remember breaking up an old sofa from one of those places and it was basically just a frame of nailed together 2x1, some foam and a bit of cloth over the top. Maybe that's what all furniture is thoúgh, I dunno.
        Thats pretty much it for modern furniture. Quality stuff uses better construction, proper joints not just nailed or screwed together, and higher quality foam and coverings but otherwise the principle is the same.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Yes, and Gordon should take his share of the blame, call an election and f**k off. But that doesn't exonerate the bankers; just because nobody's supervising you isn't an excuse.
          Quite true. But Ronaldo only dives because he gets away with it, and now everybody does it to compete on an equal footing.

I'm just glad this has all happened on Brown's watch, so the tail can be firmly pinned on the donkey.

Comment

Working...
          X