• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Hifi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just looking at replacing* my 12 year old TV and hi-fi with plasma, multi-room music streaming and jolly good fun it is too. Going for the Logitech rather than the Sonos.

* renewal dependent.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

That's it guys. Your spending confirms my idea that the UK will not languish in a recession for long.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        I'm just looking at replacing* my 12 year old TV and hi-fi with plasma, multi-room music streaming and jolly good fun it is too. Going for the Logitech rather than the Sonos.
        Was just about to suggest Logitech (SqueezeBox). I've had my SqueezeBox Classic for a while now, streaming from my NAS.

For the real audiophile there's even the Transporter - a bit steep for an MP3 player at $2000 though (although it will handle various lossless audio formats). A former colleague of mine bought one and then had it "modified" by some chap that takes it apart and replaces just about every component in site with something "better".

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        * renewal dependent.
        Good luck!
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          That's it guys. Your spending confirms my idea that the UK will not languish in a recession for long.
          Happy to help. I'd had enough of seeing Peston on the news every night.

The extensive renovation works on my house have substantially helped prop up the economy too.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
            I'm working from home and my hifi I've had for 14 years has just packed in. Just having a quick search on the internet it struck me that I have no idea of what features I could consider besides the usual radio/CD player combo. I like the idea of DAB radio. What other funky new technology is available nowadays?

God I sound like my mum.
            I've had my HiFi for 21 years, it still sounds more beefy than these IPod type systems
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              I've had my HiFi for 21 years, it still sounds more beefy than these IPod type systems
              I just gave my old Marantz/Mission seperates to my son. The SqueezeBox going via a Denon amp is pretty decent - the speakers are letting it down at the moment though. I may need to nick those Missions back methinks...
              Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
              X