• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are you doing this weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Well done on 10k posts doggie

Comment

John learns how to be a journalist.

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Don't diss a date up the oxo tower.
      From the wonderful Janet and John stories - John learns how to be a journalist.

John is not a Journalist. John reads the news. Journalists make it up.

John is on a conversion course.

Do you know what a conversion course is?

A conversion course is something you do when you want to be taken seriously.

John is not taken seriously. People point and laugh. Poor John.

For his homework, John has to have dinner and some wine in a restaurant, and then write all about it.

If he writes a nice story, he will get six gold stars. Lucky John.

John's friend Alan knows all about food and wine. Paint Alan's nose red.

Alan suggests a nice restaurant near Waterloo bridge.

John looks worried.

'What's the matter John?', says Alan.

John says 'I have to take someone with me, but I don't know who to ask'. See John blub.

'There there', says Alan. 'I will ask Amanda on reception, I've heard that she will do anything for a nice meal'. Kind Alan.

John and Amanda go to the restaurant. Do you think Oxo is a funny name for a restaurant?

John is very excited. John likes his food. Amanda is a bit nervous as the restaurant is on the 8th floor and she is afraid of heights.

While they wait to be served John gets Amanda some wine and she soon feels better.

Soon the waiter arrives with the food. John gobbles down his dinner. See Amanda picking bits of food out of her hair.

Soon it is time to go. Amanda does not have enough money to pay for both meals so John makes up the difference. Do you know what a hairy old skinflint is? Amanda does.

When John gets home, Janet asks what he did at work today.

'Today I was behaving like a journalist'. I took our receptionist out for a treat.

Alan said he wanted Amanda Ryder on the desk in reception because she would do anyone a favour. We went to a very nice place to eat. But Amanda needed a few drinks because she'd never been taken up the Oxo Tower before and was a bit nervous. Afterwards she said that she enjoyed it and would suggest it to her boyfriend.

Can you hit a moving target with a four-slice toaster? Janet can. See Janet chase John.

Poor John.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

going to friends tomorrow day/night
        getting wrecked and then having to drive back the next day with the kids moaning about what DVD to watch in the car

Comment

disposing of the xmas tree currently sat rotting away on the back lawn

washing some cars

and hopefully little else

Comment

Wifes away for the weekend visiting relatives, so I'll be doing my best to entertain our 6 month old...
            If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Usual nonsense
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Shame - I feel for you, mate.

No, really - I do.
                Thanks, I appreciate that.

In the end, NZ batted their 50 overs and got a reasonable but not invincible total of 275. The WIndies then batted for 8 overs before the rain arrived and play stopped. After about an hour and a half play resumed for a reduced 40 overs but the rain started again after a couple of those and the match was abandoned.

So overall, not the best use of the day, although it was good to see Martin Guptill bat right the way through the innings for 122 not out on his debut. (Or "Dayboo" as they insist on calling it here ).

Tomorrow looks like it is going to be even better. I am being taken to the 10th Annual Elvis in the Park day down in Henderson.

Comment

Working...
                X