• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Twentieth Anniversary of Kegworth Air Crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    It was twenty years ago this evening that an airliner crashed on the embankment of the M1 at Kegworth.
    A friend of mine was on the plane and died. He was in the RAF and was on his way back to Norn Iron to pack up his kit as he was about to be posted to Hong Kong. Poor fooker. I also seem to remember that there was a squaddie who was late for the flight and missed out in being involved in the accident. He was interviewed in a load of the papers thereafter about how lucky he had been. I seem to remember that not long after returning to NI he was subsequently killed or wounded.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      A friend of mine was on the plane and died. He was in the RAF and was on his way back to Norn Iron to pack up his kit as he was about to be posted to Hong Kong. Poor fooker. I also seem to remember that there was a squaddie who was late for the flight and missed out in being involved in the accident. He was interviewed in a load of the papers thereafter about how lucky he had been. I seem to remember that not long after returning to NI he was subsequently killed or wounded.
      Wow just like Final Destination

Comment

My mum was working on admissions in A&E at the Leicester Royal Infirmary where they brought many of the injured. It was pretty grim, but one of the hardest jobs was fending off all the journalists who were trying to get at the survivors for a story. Absolute parasites apparently.

Comment

Working...
        X