• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How full is the bench?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things seem to be picking up in my area, but its all down south (- obviously not an issue, just a tad irksome.)
    Lots of new budgets are being signed off so I am feeling cautiously optimistic.

I'll squidge along a bit to make room
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      Things seem to be picking up in my area, but its all down south (- obviously not an issue, just a tad irksome.)

If you need any hand squidging I am happy to help.

Comment

same here, for 3 months not a sausage at the end of the year and now i'm back to getting phone calls without even applying for roles.

The locations aren't exactly perfect but heck, anything is better than nowt

did get a call about a role in Northampton though, only a 20 minute drive.. beats the hell out of the usual 4 hour round trip every day.

fingers crossed.

Bring your own cushion BP (sorry about the benching though)
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          If you need any hand squidging I am happy to help.
          Thanks for the offer but all my squidging needs are currently being met to my satisfaction

However sorry to hear of your potential benchdom.
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Room for a little one?
            Sorry to hear it BP.

Still, plenty of time for The Counting Thread now, eh ?

Comment

looks like we'll be going lots of "squidging" then
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Still early days tbh - if by the end of Feb its still the same - than may as well right off the year - but as another post suggested far too early yet to say its bad to the bone

I just got a call from an agent for a Wintel Arch in North London - £215 per day! That clearly is milking the snake.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
                  Still early days tbh - if by the end of Feb its still the same - than may as well right off the year - but as another post suggested far too early yet to say its bad to the bone
                  I think the new tax year ( ie. new budgets ) is the time to panic if the phone is still deathly quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                    I think the new tax year ( ie. new budgets ) is the time to panic if the phone is still deathly quiet.
                    Agree with you - Post Xmas - Its all quiet till the 20th Jan + in my experience over the past 12 years. Than there is the gearing for sign off as you rightly say - but I think the Amber light may be called if by end of Feb its still bad for alot on here - and if by mid May its still the same or worse than I am outsourcing myself to India to get me brough Onsite back here

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      same here, for 3 months not a sausage at the end of the year and now i'm back to getting phone calls without even applying for roles.

The locations aren't exactly perfect but heck, anything is better than nowt

did get a call about a role in Northampton though, only a 20 minute drive.. beats the hell out of the usual 4 hour round trip every day.

fingers crossed.

Bring your own cushion BP (sorry about the benching though)
                      Thanks for the offer but all my squidging needs are currently being met to my satisfaction

However sorry to hear of your potential benchdom.
                      Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                      Sorry to hear it BP.

Still, plenty of time for The Counting Thread now, eh ?
                      Thanks all!

Re the counting thread : I might have to spend time looking for work and revising interview stuff etc. The counting thread might suffer!

Comment

Working...
                      X