• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London taxi account recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That £45 doesn't include the £5 'admin fee' (yes, they charge for the onerous job of having to invoice you).

I am sure the account thing is a rip-off - but when you want to impress somebody by sending them home in a cab they don't have to pay for, there's no other way.

Also, I happen to know that with Addison Lee, the drivers only get half of an account fare, but they get all of a cash fare minus a couple of quid.

I do like the idea of a limobike for myself, but wouldn't want to force it on a client/dinner-date!

Comment

Who would be impressed by a tatty private hire mondeo?
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
        I do like the idea of a limobike for myself, but wouldn't want to force it on a client/dinner-date!
        To be honest, I thought LLB looked like an absolute tit when he turned up at the office on Leicester Square on the back of one, wearing a floppy suit and overcoat (he does a show for Classic FM, hence his presence).

Then again, I thought he looked like a bit of a tit whenever I ran into him - the Virgin motorbike taxi just accentuated it

Comment

Working...
        X