• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Energy crisis?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    It's all a bit rich really. The Ukranians want to pay the Ruskies the old Warsaw pact price for gas but charge it out at European prices. The Ruskies only want a fairer cut of the pie.

I think you are rather gullible...

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      I think you are rather gullible...
      a troll
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        We'll all have solar panels and wind farms that will heat our homes for free and save us from Global Warming.

Heating our homes for free will also save us from the approaching Ice Age.

That reminds me, in the old Ice Age-fearing days of the seventies, scientists hatched a cunning plan to cover the Arctic ice with black dye, but I can't remember what for.

Or it might have been soot.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Heating our homes for free will also save us from the approaching Ice Age.

That reminds me, in the old Ice Age-fearing days of the seventies, scientists hatched a cunning plan to cover the Arctic ice with black dye, but I can't remember what for.

Or it might have been soot.
          It will retain more heat if its black, thereby stopping the expansion of the ice sheet.

Comment

We'll all have solar panels and wind farms that will heat our homes for free and save us from Global Warming.

Ah bless. Just turn up your gas fire in your Swindon ex-council house and get cosy. Live the thinking to those who can.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Ah bless. Just turn up your gas fire in your Swindon ex-council house and get cosy. Live the thinking to those who can.
              http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/ja...eather-britain

Brrrrrr.

Comment

I keep warm by burning copies of the Guardian. If I ever catch that Polly Toynbee I'll splash out on extra fuel just to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                  It will retain more heat if its black, thereby stopping the expansion of the ice sheet.
                  Yes, that was it. To stop all that shiney ice and snow reflecting the sun's radiation back into space.

But if it retained the heat it would melt and trickle away wouldn't it, and you'd have to put a new coat on it every day or so?

Oh I don't know. It was supposed to be cunning anyway.

Comment

Interesting take on things.

Bloody Germans!!

Comment

Working...
                    X