• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Energy crisis?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Energy crisis?"

Collapse

• ratewhore
    replied
    Interesting take on things.

Bloody Germans!!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    It will retain more heat if its black, thereby stopping the expansion of the ice sheet.
    Yes, that was it. To stop all that shiney ice and snow reflecting the sun's radiation back into space.

But if it retained the heat it would melt and trickle away wouldn't it, and you'd have to put a new coat on it every day or so?

Oh I don't know. It was supposed to be cunning anyway.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I keep warm by burning copies of the Guardian. If I ever catch that Polly Toynbee I'll splash out on extra fuel just to make sure.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Ah bless. Just turn up your gas fire in your Swindon ex-council house and get cosy. Live the thinking to those who can.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/ja...eather-britain

Brrrrrr.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    We'll all have solar panels and wind farms that will heat our homes for free and save us from Global Warming.

Ah bless. Just turn up your gas fire in your Swindon ex-council house and get cosy. Live the thinking to those who can.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Heating our homes for free will also save us from the approaching Ice Age.

That reminds me, in the old Ice Age-fearing days of the seventies, scientists hatched a cunning plan to cover the Arctic ice with black dye, but I can't remember what for.

Or it might have been soot.
    It will retain more heat if its black, thereby stopping the expansion of the ice sheet.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    We'll all have solar panels and wind farms that will heat our homes for free and save us from Global Warming.

Heating our homes for free will also save us from the approaching Ice Age.

That reminds me, in the old Ice Age-fearing days of the seventies, scientists hatched a cunning plan to cover the Arctic ice with black dye, but I can't remember what for.

Or it might have been soot.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    I think you are rather gullible...
    a troll

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    It's all a bit rich really. The Ukranians want to pay the Ruskies the old Warsaw pact price for gas but charge it out at European prices. The Ruskies only want a fairer cut of the pie.

I think you are rather gullible...

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
    all very well but where else are we going to get all our gas from?

Leave a comment:

• Purple Dalek
    replied
    It's all a bit rich really. The Ukranians want to pay the Ruskies the old Warsaw pact price for gas but charge it out at European prices. The Ruskies only want a fairer cut of the pie.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    I'm thinking a Russian push into Ukraine to "secure our energy pipelines" from Ukrainian "terrorists" is on the cards...
    Don't think they'll do that. They may face a stern ticking off from the EU!!!

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    I'm thinking a Russian push into Ukraine to "secure our energy pipelines" from Ukrainian "terrorists" is on the cards...

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
    all very well but where else are we going to get all our gas from?

We should have thought about that before rather than relying on a 'terrorist' state.

Leave a comment:

• FSM with Cheddar
    replied
    Who said humour was dead in these forums?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X