• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone here understand all the different MS certifications?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are any of these accredited by some other organisation than MicroSoft?

Comment

leave the MSDN certifications, go for SAP certs fellas, you know wheere the money and the gravy train is.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

i have a few of them from my first couple of jobs when i was just a youngster making my way in IT, the companies i worked for pushed us to do them as it helps towards making a company a Gold partner which is probably worth more to them than the actual certificate is to you

the single worst developer I have ever worked with in my whole career (and there have been a few) got 100% for one of them (think it was the tcp/ip exam)

Comment

Waste of time imo, not worth the paper they are written on. On the job training counts for a million times more than most of those Micro$haft certifications for most sensible companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Solidec View Post
            Waste of time imo, not worth the paper they are written on. On the job training counts for a million times more than most of those Micro$haft certifications for most sensible companies.
            We know that but it’s the non IT literate HR departments who send the job requirements to the agents that need educating, some won't look at you without some sort of M*** cert.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Does anyone here understand all the different MS certifications?

Marks & Spencer do certificates?

I had one of their vouchers for Xmas
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
              X